Dog-friendly Office Project Point 1: Creation of the Dog-friendly Office Guidelines
In the spirit of ‘Enriching the Workplace with Your Dog" at free stitch, we started the ‘Dog Friendly Office Project’ in September 2019.
Since then, we have listened to the feedback from our customers about how workplaces view bringing pets to work and we have created a set of guidelines and a consent form for our staff who come to the office with their pets.
We hope that everyone can use these as examples and inspiration for helping to enrich their own workplace with their pets.
Guidelines for Bringing Pets to Work
- Pets must have been recently vaccinated against rabies and viral infections (For dogs: vaccinated with 5 types of mixed vaccine. For cats: vaccinated with 3 types or more of mixed vaccine)
- Pets must have recently been de-loused and have received treatment to eliminate fleas and ticks.
- All dogs must have been registered at their local government health center.
- Pets are only allowed to enter designated areas inside the company office.
- If fouling or urination occurs inside company property, please clean the affected area thoroughly and hygienically. Be sure to inform others of the affected area.
- Pets in heat, season or pregnant are not allowed.
- Pets must have received basic training, such as toilet and manner training.
* Please keep points 2 and 3 up to date and notify your place of work accordingly.
Guidelines for Moving Around the Office with Pets
- Please bring and use collars and leads that your pet is familiar with.
- If your pet is wet or dirty due to weather conditions, please bring a towel and be sure to wipe their body and feet before entering the office.
- If your pet is experiencing shedding or hair loss, please have your pet wear appropriate clothing to minimize debris.
- If you need to leave the designated pet area without your pet, please leave them in a playpen or ask another member of staff to supervise your pet.
- Be careful not to damage the building furniture and fixtures, etc. If any damage occurs, you may be required to bear the cost of repair or replacement.
- Restrictions placed on pets is at the discretion of the management staff according to their level of discipline and training.
- If a large number of staff apply to bring their pets to the office on the same day, the compatibility of attending pets may be checked and you may be asked to select another day to bring your pet.
Until now, there were no guidelines or restrictions for having pets in the office at free stitch. However, since the "Dog Friendly Office Project" started, we have received a lot of feedback from various pet owners and company employees. Based on the opinions we received, we have decided to set down the above guidelines.
We hope to continue developing the versatility of the above guidelines, so if you work for or have an organisation that would like become a more pet-friendly working environment, please feel free to refer to the above guidelines. If you have any questions or suggestions for improvement of the aforementioned guidelines, please feel free to please feel free to contact us.
For more information on the dog friendly office project, please click here.
Check out the Dog-friendly Office Project on SNS